SAP Basis Interview Questions - Set 1
This article covers interview questions for SAP Basis/Netweaver consultants (Mostly for below 3 years experienced consultants)
Iam sure, these questions are very repetitive and you will surely suceed in the interviews.
Wish you a happy job search :-)
1) Tell me about yourself
- Please give background to the interviewer about the educational and professional experience you had like Iam Arun, have completed B.Tech Computer science engg from xxx college, xxxx city
- Have joined xxxx company and had xx years of monitoring, implementation ,support experience. Comfortable with Oracle/DB2/MaxDB database, AIX/windows/HP-UX Operating system etc.
- If you had any specific exposure like solution manager CHARM implementation, Redwood Jobs scheduler implementation etc, please highlight the same to the interviewer.
- Please make sure, you highlight the summary of your CV like experienced in SAP ABAP+Java stack, Performance Tuning, worked on various tools like Visual Administrator, Configtool, BMC patrol etc
2) What are your daily activities ?
Answer : You can talk about
- Daily monitoring of the landscape
- Taking proactive measures to avoid issues
- Backup mechanism
- Ticket resolution based on some SLA etc
- Identifying Root Cause for the frequently occuring issues
3) What are the monitoring activities you do ? What transactions do you use for monitoring
ABAP stack or Java stack ?
Answer : Please go thorugh following link to answer the same
4) What are the different status of background jobs ?
5) How to find out long running jobs in SAP ? What actions you take on those long running jobs ?
How do you troubleshoot long running jobs ? What are the different job classes ?
6) What are the basis standard jobs ? What is the significance of those jobs ?
Name some basis standard jobs ? How to schedule them ? On what frequency they should run ?
7) How to change SAP Parameters ?
What is the Tcode you use to change SAP parameter ?
8) Will the SAP parameter changed becomes effective immediately or it needs restart ?
What is the difference between dynamic and static parameter ?
9) Do you have any idea about Change and Transport System in SAP ?
Explain about TMS (Transport Management system) in SAP ?
What are the transport tools in SAP ?
What is the functionality of TP and R3trans in SAP ?
10) Have you done any transports ? Explain the process to do the same ?
Related Link :